Alternatives to commercial cleaning products
Here’s a few tips taken from The Safety Report website that you may find useful and even help you save money.
Worried About What’s in Those Cleaning Solutions?
There are many inexpensive, easy-to-use natural alternatives that can safely be used in place of commercial household products. Here is a list of common, environmentally safe products which can be used alone or in combination for a wealth of household applications.
* Baking Soda – cleans, deodorizes, softens water, scours.
* Soap – unscented soap in liquid form, flakes, powders or bars is biodegradable and will clean just about anything. Avoid using soaps which contain petroleum distillates.
* Lemon – one of the strongest food-acids, effective against most household bacteria.
* White Vinegar – cuts grease, removes mildew, odors, some stains and wax build-up.
* Washing Soda – or SAL Soda is sodium carbonate decahydrate, a mineral. Washing soda cuts grease, removes stains, softens water, cleans wall, tiles, sinks and tubs. Use with care, as washing soda can irritate mucous membranes. Do not use on aluminum.